Adventuredome in Las Vegas
Adventuredome is a 5 acre indoor amusement park (formerly known as Grand Slam Canyon) located at Circus Circus in Las Vegas, Nevada on the Las Vegas Strip. The park offers 25 rides and attractions and is connected to the hotel via The Promenade. The amusement park includes the Canyon Blaster roller coaster, rock climbing wall, 18-hole miniature golf course, an arcade, clown shows, Xtreme Zone, Pikes Pass, Virtual Reality Zone, Midway Games, and carnival-type games. Every October since 2003, the Adventuredome is changed to "Frightdome" as a halloween-themed theme park.
The Adventuredome opened in 1993 in the west parking lot of the hotel. It sits on a reinforced 18" thick deck elevated 18 ft above ground. The dome itself consists of over 350000 sqft. of pink tinted, insulated glass over a teal green space frame (to minimize structural poles inside). Each pane of glass weighs approximately 300 lb.
- Frog Hopper: Shoot you up, hop you down ride from S&S Power. Added in 2002.
- Miner Mike: A small children's coaster from Wisdom Rides.
- Thunderbirds: An airplane carousel that flies through the air from Zamperla.
- B.C. Bus: A bus that goes up, down and around. Also from Zamperla.
- Circus Carousel: Chance-Morgan carousel themed with circus animals. Opened in 1999. Relocated in 2003 for Slingshot.
- Drifters: A hot air balloon themed Ferris wheel from Zamperla.
- Road Runner: Wisdom Rides Mini-Himalaya that gives a wild trip going forwards and backwards.
- Canyon Cars: Zamperla Bumper cars.
- Sand Pirates: Zamperla swinging pirate ship.
- Canyon Blaster: The world's largest indoor double-loop, double-corkscrew roller coaster. Original park attraction.
- Rim Runner: Arrow Dynamics Shoot-the-Chutes with a 60 ft drop. Original park attraction.
- SpongeBob SquarePants 4-D: SimEx 4-D film experience with SpongeBob. Added in 2005. *Dora and Diego's 4-D Experience. Added in mid August 2010 in honor of Dora's 10th anniversary. DinoIsland II: Escape to DinoIsland
- Slingshot: 100' tall Chance-Morgan free fall ride that shoots riders upwards with 4G's of acceleration. Added in 2004.
- Chaos: Chance-Morgan ride that spins while allowing each car to flip on its own axis while tilted to a 70 degree angle. Opened March 2001.
- Inverter: Chance-Morgan ride that spins riders upside down. Added in 1999.
- Lazer Blast (formerly Hot Shots Lazer Tag): Laser tag arena built into the base of the park's signature mountain. Opened with the park.
- Disk'O: A Zamperla ride where passengers sit on a spinning disk which rides along a half pipe track. Added in 2009.
- Twist N Shout: Large water slide tower with two identical slides. Occupied area that is now home to Canyon Cars, Sand Pirates and midway games. This was an original park attraction.
- Dinosaur exhibits: Various animatronic dioramas throughout the park including a depiction of a pool of tar pits.
- Fossil Dig: Children's sand pit with hidden dinosaur bones. Went along with the original Grand Slam Canyon dinosaur theme.
- Cliffhangers: Children's ball pit and crawl area. Formerly located in the current home of the party rooms, then moved to the former home of the Fossil Dig. Now home to more reservable party area.
- In the video game Grand Theft Auto San Andreas the Adventuredome can be seen under construction as the game takes place in 1992, the real year construction took place.