Braintree  is a suburb of South Boston, MA. It is located along several major thouroughfares, making it convenient to Boston. Its scary-sounding name comes from Braintree in Essex, although that name's origin is obscure.
- Logan International Airport (BOS) in Boston.
The MBTA,  subway Red Line has a terminal station in Braintree.
Interstate 93, U.S. Route 1, and State Route 3 converge in Braintree.
- General Sylvanus Thayer Birthplace, 86 Washington Street, Phone: +1 781-848-1640. Sylvanus Thayer (1785-1872) was dubbed "father of the military academy" at West Point because he thoroughly reorganized and put it on sound footing. He also endowed Thayer Academy in Braintree and Thayer School of Engineering at Dartmouth College in Hanover, NH.
- F1, 290 Wood Road, Phone: +1 781-848-2300, . M-Th 12PM-11PM, F 12PM-12AM, Sa 9AM-12AM, Su 9AM-10PM. Two unique indoor kart race tracks complete with suits and helmets. Karts and track are scaled to give you a "real feel" racing experience. Full service restaurant with live entertainment and billards available. Walk-in or open racing as well as leagues and team-building.
- Braintree Municipal Golf Course, 101 Jefferson Street, Phone: +1 781-843-9780, . 18 hole, par 72.
The South Shore Plaza shopping mall is on Route 37.
- Ascari at F1, 290 Wood Road, Exit 6, Phone: +1 781-848-2300, . Trackside at F1, $8-$18.
- Farragut House Bar and Grille, 941 Washington Street, Phone: +1 781-849-7007. Seafood and casual fare.
- Jade Palace Super Buffet, 438 Quincy Avenue, Phone: +1 781-843-2888.
- Jamie's Grill & Pub, 63 Columbian St. at five corners, Phone: +1 781-356-5544. Wide range of choices and decent value.
- Konditor Meister, 32 Wood Road, Phone: +1 781-849-1970. Fine pastries. Favorite of locals who often order their wedding or special occasion cakes here.
- Sintra, 906 Washington Street, Phone: +1 781-848-1151, . Small, forty seat place with top-notch chef who has a Portuguese bias. Casual atmosphere, but cloth napkins, attentive service, great wines and creative food. Entrees $20-$30.
- Hampton Inn - Boston/Braintree, 215 Wood Road, Phone: +1 781-380-3300, [www.hamptoninnbraintree.com]. 10 miles south of downtown Boston and Logan International Airport. Several restaurants can be found within a 1 mile radius, including Joe's American Bar and Grill, Legal Seafood, 99 Restaurant and Pizzeria Uno. Reasonably priced and kids stay free.
- Sheraton Braintree, 37 Forbes Road, Phone: +1 781-848-0600, Fax +1 781-843-9492, . Complimentary transportation to the "T" when your ready to explore Boston.
- Holiday Inn Express Braintree, 190 Wood Road, Phone: +1 781-848-1260, .
- Candlewood Suites Boston-Braintree, 235 Wood Road, Phone: +1 781-849-7450, .
- Extended Stay America (address: 20 Rockdale Street) 781-345-8333
Please see our web site or contact us for more infomation.
Boston, Plymouth and Cape Cod all make great getaways.