Dearborn Station in Chicago

Show Map
Built in 1885, this was one of the great stations of the railroad era, the first glimpse of Chicago for countless visitors from across the country. (It also became a focal point for the anti-vice crusaders, with pamphlets describing lurid tales in which innocent farm girls fresh off the train were seized and sold into prostitution.) The rail yard is gone, with traffic having ceased in 1971, but the station house has been renovated into mixed-use commercial space, with a bar and restaurant on the
Address: 47 W Polk St
Phone: +1 312 554-4408
Url: http://dearbornstation.com/

Source wikitravel.org/en/Chicago/Near South