Deer Park in Toronto
Deer Park is in Toronto. The boundaries of this neighbourhood are roughly defined as: the CP railway tracks in the south, the Belt Line trail in the north, Avenue Road and Oriole Parkway in the west and the Rosedale Ravine in the east. The neighbourhood in centred around the intersection of Yonge Street and St Clair Avenue, both of which have a variety of large office buildings and restaurants.
The St Clair Station on the Yonge subway line serves the centre of the neighbourhood. The 512 Streetcar runs along St Clair Avenue from St Clair station to Weston Road. It operates in its own right-of-way with a raised curb between the streetcar tracks and regular traffic and a limited number of stops compared to regular services. As a result, the 512 Streetcar is an excellent way to see St Clair Avenue.
- Imperial Oil Building (address: 111 St Clair Avenue West) (directions: Yonge Subway Line to St Clair Station or 512 Streetcar to Deer Park Crescent)
Interesting example of 1950s architecture, the lobby contains a series of murals entitled the "Story of Oil".
- Pizzaiolo (address: 13 Saint Clair Ave East) (directions: Yonge subway line to St Clair Station, 512 streetcar to Yonge Street) 416-960-3030
- Restaurant Sprout (address: 15 St Clair Ave West) (directions: Yonge subway line to St Clair station, 512 streetcar to Yonge Street) 416 929 2541
- Hero Certified Burgers (address: 21 St Clair Ave West) (directions: Yonge subway line to St Clair Station, 512 streetcar to Yonge Street) 416.925.8703
open: Mon-Thu 7am-10pm; Fri-Sat 7am-11pm; Sun 9am-9pm
A local chain of upscale burger joints.
- Sobeys (address: 81 St Clair Ave East) (directions: Yonge subway line or 512 streetcar to St Clair station) (416) 413-0594
open: 24 Hours
Large grocery store.