Estoril Coast is in the Lisbon Region of Portugal, sometimes known as Costa de Lisboa/Lisbon Coast.
The Estoril Coast extends from the Atlantic Ocean and the Tagus river estuary in the south and west up to the northern boundary of the parish of Cascais.
The area is near Lisbon and is served both by Lisbon’s international airport and by the Municipal Aerodrome of Cascais at Tires. Road and rail networks are excellent.
Lisbon int.airport(LIS)/Portela de Sacavem,Loures/Lisboa. Trains(stations of Santa Apolonia, Oriente, Entrecampos, Areeiro, Cais do Sodre etc.)
Subway(metro)in Lisbon city, bus, train.
- Beaches of the Costa do Estoril
- Sintra monuments
- Lisbon monuments and museums,shopping,eateries
As an alternative to the usual selection of international dishes, you’ll find that the gastronomic delights of the Estoril Coast will definitely be to your liking.
Try sweets: Travesseiros, the famous Queijadas de Sintra, Fofos de Belas, Areias de Cascais or Trouxas de Malveira. Indeed, Portuguese egg-based confectionary is unique not just in Europe but probably in the entire world.
As for wine, the Estoril Coast produces very small quantities of its own fine wines in Carcavelos and Colares, a rare pleasure that you might have the opportunity to try.
- Vinho de Carcavelos, Estação Agronómica Nacional Tel. (00351) 214 40 35 00. Adega Regional de Colares, Open from 9am-1pm and 2pm-6pm every day. A tasting of these fine wines can be organised in advance for a minimum of 10 people Tel. (00 351) 219 28 73 33, Alameda Coronel Linhares de Lima 24, 2705-135 Colares.
- Hotel Londres Estoril (address: Av. Fausto Figueiredo nº 279 2765-412 Estoril, Portugal) (directions: Near the beach and Casino) +351 21 464 83 00
Modern Hotel located just 450 mts (1/4 miles) from the Beach and seaside promenade along Estoril/Cascais. Friendly service, garden, swimming pool, restaurant, bar, rooms for smokers and non-smokers. Good for holidays and short breaks. Lisbon is only at 35 minutes train ride.
- Vila Galé Estoril (address: Av. Marginal - Apartado 49, 2766-901 ESTORIL) (+351) 214 648 400 firstname.lastname@example.org
Located right along Linha do Estoril, two minutes away from the sea (Tamariz’s Beach) and only 200meters away from the Casino Estoril. Ideal facilities for corporate meetings and holidays. Online booking.
- Hotel Atlantis Sintra Estoril (address: Estrada Nacional 9, Alcabideche, 2645-112 ESTORIL) (+351) 214 690 720 email@example.com
Located between the cosmopolitan city of Cascais and the tranquility of Sintra's Mountains, next to the Autodromo do Estoril.The Hotel Atlantis Sintra Estoril has a vast garden and has all facilities for meetings and for a pleasant stay.
Palácio Estoril,Hotel Golf & Spa - Rua Particular firstname.lastname@example.org 2769-504 Estoril Ph: +351 214648000 | Fax: +351 214648159 Situated in the heart of Estoril, just a 25 minutes drive from Lisbon, the Hotel Palacio Estoril is a luxury five star hotel enjoying beautifully landscaped gardens and magnificent sea views. Splendid classical buildings from the 30’s, the Palacio Hotel Estoril is full of history. It has been fully renovated in 2006. On its doorstep, a wealth of leisure and cultural activities include the famous casino and modern congress centre as well as white sandy beaches and exclusive golf courses. Banyan Tree Spa opening soon updated by RC 29-03.2010
- Alentejo Coast, Evora.