Fenton House in London
Fenton House is a 17th century merchant's house in Hampstead in North London which belongs to the National Trust, bequeathed to them in 1952 by Lady Binning, its last owner and resident. It is a detached house with a walled garden, which is large by London standards, and features roses, an orchard and a working kitchen garden. The interior houses the Benton Fletcher collection of early keyboard instruments, one of which is often played to visitors during opening hours, and collections of paintings (including the collection of Peter Barkworth, and loans of Sir William Nicholson paintings), porcelain, 17th-century needlework pictures and Georgian furniture. It also has a fine portraits of Dorothy Jordan, William IV, George IV, Frederick FitzClarence and Adolphus Fitzclarence - one of Jordan's daughters by William IV lived in the house.