Franciscan Church in Wien
The Church of St. Jerome, commonly known as Vienna's Franciscan Church is a Roman Catholic parish church dedicated to St. Jerome and located in the historic city center of Vienna, Vienna's 1st district (Innere Stadt). It is the church of the Franciscan Order in Vienna.
Erected in 1603 the outside facade of Franciscan Church is Renaissance in style. However, its interior is Baroque. The high altar depicting the Virgin Mary was designed by Andrea Pozzo in 1707. The church holds the oldest organ in Vienna. The carved Baroque organ was designed by Johann Wockerl in 1642.
- Capristan Chapel: painting of the "Martyrdom of St Capristan" by Franz Wagenschön
- Francis chapel: picture of the church's patron saint by Johann Georg Schmidt
- Crucifixion chapel: painting of the Crucifixion by Carlo Carlone