Hôtel des Invalides in Paris

Show Map
Founded in 1671 by Louis XIV as a hospital for 6000 war-wounded soldiers - this function explaining the name of the building - the golden-domed Hôtel des Invalides still functions as an infirmary and now also houses the ''Musée de l'Armée'' (see below). The church attached, ''l'Eglise du Dôme'', houses the tomb of Napoleon.
Address: Métro: Invalides
Url: http://www.invalides.org/

Source wikitravel.org/en/Paris/7th arrondissement