Jurong Hill (Chinese: 裕廊山) is a scenic hill situated in western Singapore off Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim. The hill is also known as Bukit Perepok in Malay. It is enveloped in 15 hectares of lush greenery standing 60 meters tall. Commanding a panoramic view of Jurong Town since 1971, the hill became a well known landmark. The park was constructed by JTC Corporation. Within the park is a "garden of fame", so named for many trees planted by visiting foreign dignitaries. There is a look-out tower on Jurong Hill where one can get an aerial view of Jurong. The park on Jurong Hill, Jurong Hill Park, is a popular spot for couples to shoot their wedding photos. Jurong BirdPark is located on the western slope of Jurong Hill.
It is bounded by Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim, Pioneer Road, Jalan Buroh and Jurong Pier Road.
There is also a restaurant on the hill, which is the Hilltop Japanese and Indonesian Restaurant.
Garden of fame
The following celebrities planted trees in the garden
- HRH Princess Alexandra, The Honourable Lady Ogilvy of the United Kingdom - She planted the first tree in the garden in 1969 while attending the 150th Anniversary of the Founding of Singapore and the National Day Celebration.
- The R.T. Hon. Pierre Elliot Trudeau - Prime Minister of Canada (23rd May 1970)
- Soeharto - President of The Republic of Indonesia (29th to 31th August 1974)
- Ferdinand E. Marcos - President of The Republic of The Philippines (27th to 29th January 1976)
- Mom Rajwongse Kukrit Pramoj - Prime Minister of Thailand (24th to 27th July 1975)
- Dr Albert Winsemius - Economic advisor from 1961 to 1984 to Singapore (1 March 1984)
- Duke of Edinburgh (19 February 1972)
- Albert Winsemius - Prime Minister of Thailand (1 March 1984)
- Queen Elizabeth II - Queen of England (18th February to 20th February 1972)
- Mohammad Reza Pahlavi - Imperial Majesty of Iran (18th February to 20th September 1974)
- Takeo Fukuda - Prime Minister of Japan (14th to 15th August 1977)
- Deng Xiaoping - Vice Premier of The People's Republic of China (12th to 14th November 1978)
- Shri Varahagiri Venkata Giri - President of India (14th to 17th September 1971)
- Gaston Thorn - Prime Minister of Luxembourg (13th to 14th June 1978)
- H.E. Major General Ziaur Rahman BU, PSC - President of People's Republic of Bangladesh (20th to 21st September 1978)
- H.E.Hans Koschnick - Prime Minister of the state of Bremen, Federal Republic of Germany (29th January 1971)
- Spiro Agnew - Vice President of The United States of America (10th January 1970)
- R.T. Hon. Errol Walton Barrow - Prime Minister of Barbados (23rd January 1971)
- Lord Mayor Peter Schulz - The President of the Senate of The Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg (19th February 1973)
- Sirimavo Bandaranaike - The Prime Minister of Ceylon (11th January 1971)
- R.T. Hon. Dr. Kofi Abrefa Busia - Prime Minister of Ghana (23rd January 1971)
- Prince Bertil - Prince Bertil of Sweden (30th September 1975)
- Crown Prince Harald of Norway - Crown Prince Harald of Norway (23rd February 1978)
- Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester GCVO - Duke of Gloucester GCVO (1st November 1975)
- R.T. Hon. Michael Thomas Somare, CH - Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea (23rd to 29th July 1978)
- William McMahon - Prime Minister of Australia (9th June 1972)
- HRH Princess Margaret - Countess of Snowdon United Kingdom (17th to 19th October 1972)
- H.E. Dzemal Bijedic - President of the Federal Executive Council of Yugoslavia (19th March 1973)