Liechtenstein Museum in Wien
The Liechtenstein Museum is in Vienna, Austria, named after the princely House of Liechtenstein, one of Europe's oldest noble families. The museum includes the Princely Collections containing important European works of art, forming one of the world's leading private art collections.
The museum has various locations, including the Liechtenstein Garden Palace in the IX District Alsergrund, Vienna, and the Liechtenstein City Palace in Bankgasse, Vienna. It was reopened on 29 March 2004.
Liechtenstein Garden Palace
The Gartenpalais was built by Prince Johann Adam Andreas von Liechtenstein, who commissioned its design and construction from Domenico Egidio Rossi; the shell was finished in 1700. Painted decor in the Palais was contributed by Marcantonio Franceschini, Antonio Belucci, Andrea Pozzo and Johann Michael Rottmayr. Sculpture came from Giovanni Giuliani and his studio, and stucco from the stuccator Santino Bussi.