Märkisches Museum (Berlin U-Bahn) in Berlin
Märkisches Museum is a Berlin U-Bahn station located on the in the Mitte district. Since 1935 it has been named after the nearby municipal museum of the history of Berlin and the Mark Brandenburg.
The station, then called Inselbrücke, opened on 1 July 1913 in the course of the eastern continuation of Berlin's second U-Bahn line from Spittelmarkt to Alexanderplatz. Architect Alfred Grenander designed a vaulted hall relatively deep beneath street level due to the adjacent Spree underpass leading to Klosterstrasse. It is one of only 2 Berlin U-Bahn stations with no central columns, the other being Platz der Luftbrücke.
Märkisches Museum is operated by BVG, the provider of most of Berlin's rapid transit. Situated on the line, trains from Märkisches Museum serve Pankow to the north, stopping at significant destinations such as Alexanderplatz, and Ruhleben to the west, stopping at Potsdamer Platz, Kurfürstendamm and the Olympic Stadium.