Museum of Applied Arts in Budapest
The Museum of Applied Arts (Magyar Iparművészeti Múzeum in Hungarian) is a museum in Budapest, Hungary. This Art Nouveau building was built between 1893 and 1896 to the plans of Ödön Lechner and Gyula Pártos. It is one of the most characteristic and most representative forms of Lechner's architectural style, featuring Hungarian folk ceramics, including Zsolnay pottery and majolica, also showing Islamic and Hindu motifs (another example of this style is the Geological Institute not far from City Park).
It is located near the southern end of the Grand Boulevard in the neighborhood Ferencváros and it can be accessed by metro line 3.
- The museum's web page
- Hungarian museums web page
- design exhibition during 2005 in the Museum of Applied Arts (Budapest)