North Hills in New York City
North Hills is a community in the San Fernando Valley. It lies within the city limits of Los Angeles, in Los Angeles County, California. It is mainly residential but has a few sites of minor note including the Sepulveda Unitarian-Universalist Society (nicknamed 'The Onion' for its appearance) and Bull Creek (where the motorcycle chase scene in Terminator 2 was filmed).
North Hills has a deserved reputation as one of the Valley's major gang hotspots. Although generally safe during the day, exercise caution in this area at night.
The 405 Freeway runs north-south through North Hills. Exits in North Hills are on Roscoe and Nordhoff.
- Sepulveda Unitarian Universalist Society (address: 9550 Haskell Ave. North Hills, CA 91343)
Local landmark from the 1960s. Many events are held here from many different cultural and religious traditions.
- Bull Creek around the intersection with Hayvenhurst and Plummer, is where the motorcycle and semi truck chase scenes from Terminator 2 where filmed. The flood canal is not open to the public but can be viewed from sidewalks.
- [www.originaltommys.com Tommy's] (address: 15745 Roscoe Blvd North Hills, CA 91343)
open: 24 Hours
Popular chain of SoCal fast food joints known for their Chili-Cheese Burgers and Chili-Cheese Fries. Open 24 Hours.
- Pollo Campero (address: 9000 Sepulveda Blvd North Hills, CA 91343)
Popular Latin American fast food chain featuring chicken, yuca fries, beans, and plantains.
- Norwood (address: 16200 Nordhoff St North Hills, CA 91343) (818) 891-6511
Slightly upscale neighborhood lounge with karaoke and live music on some nights.
- Witches Brew Cocktail Lounge (address: 16151 Parthenia St North Hills, CA 91343) (818) 892-1480
open: Mon-Sun 6 am - 2 am
Neighborhood bar that is witch-themed.
Sepulveda Boulevard is lined with cheap motels. Most of them used to cater to prostitution and drug activity but claim to have cleaned up. You should stay at them with low expectations.