Palazzo Massimo alle Colonne in Rome

Show Map
The palac was built by the architect ''Baldassare Peruzzi'' on behalf of the Massimo family. The former palace was destroyed during the Sacco di Roma, the pillage of Rome in 1527. The Massimo family can be traced back to ''Quintus Fabius Maximus'' who defeated ''Hannibal'' in the 3rd cent BC. The building is open to the public on March 16 only in order to commemorate the reanimation of ''Paolo Massimo'' by ''St. Filippo Neri'' in 1538.
Hours: chapel only open on March 16 7am to noon
Address: Corso Vittorio Emanuele 141

Source wikitravel.org/en/Rome/Old Rome