Public Health Service Hospital in San Francisco

Show Map
Built in 1875, the Public Health Service Hospital initially tended the needs of merchant seamen. Eventually the hospital also cared for members of the U.S. Coast Guard and other governmental agencies, Native Americans and Vietnam refugees. In addition, important research on plague diseases was conducted here. A new hospital replaced the old in 1932, and two wings were added in the 1950s. The hospital closed in 1981.
Address: Wedemeyer St and 15th Ave
Directions: off Hayes St
Phone: +1 415 561-4183
Email: phsh@presidiotrust.gov
Url: http://www.nps.gov/prsf/planyourvisit/public-health-service-hospital.htm

Source wikitravel.org/en/San Francisco/Golden Gate