San Bruno is a city on the Peninsula in the San Francisco Bay Area of California. It is south of South San Francisco and north of Millbrae.
San Bruno is located at the junctions of Highways 101, 280 and 380, and is the closest city to San Francisco International Airport (even though SFO is officially part of San Francisco).
San Bruno has an extensive bus service through the county SamTrans buses. It has its own BART station and a CalTrain station.
- The Avenue - San Mateo Avenue is the main drag of downtown San Bruno, and has on it many quaint shops and restaurants reminiscent of the architecture found in the early 20th century American West.
- Sweeney Ridge - The San Andreas Fault Line is highly visible here at this ridge and runs under Lake San Andreas, which serves as an important water supply for many Bay Area residents and is quite attractive, especially when viewed from the top of Sweeney Ridge (just over 1000 ft. ASL), which borders the gorgeous coastal city of Pacifica.
- Junipero Serra County Park - This compact, hilly park is a fresh slice of heaven and offers great hiking coupled with clear views of the San Francisco Bay and San Francisco International Airport. It is located just southwest of San Bruno City Hall adjacent to San Bruno City Park and highway I-280, which also shares the name Junipero Serra.
- Enjoy a game of chance at Artichoke Joe's Casino, which is one of the only remaining casinos in the Bay Area.
- San Bruno is home to the recently renovated shops at Tanforan Mall. Its high-tech styling and large food court is an area attraction. It also features Sears, JC Penney, and Target.
- Fat Wong's Kitchen - Good Chinese food.
- Newell's Cocktail Time in Downtown San Bruno is good.
- Super Burrito is superb. It is located on El Camino and has some great food.
- Courtyard San Francisco Airport (address: 1050 Bayhill Drive) +1 650 952-3333
- Days Inn San Bruno, 1550 El Camino Real, +1 650-616-9600, .
- Regency Inn San Bruno (address: 411 East San Bruno Ave) (650) 589-7535 email@example.com
Located less than 1/2 Miles (3 minutes) from San Francisco International Airport. The hotel offers hotel packages and deals, an airport shuttle, and is pet friendly."
- Staybridge Suites (address: 1350 Huntington Ave.) +1 650 588-0770
- Villa Montes Hotel Ascend Collection hotel (address: 620 El Camino Real) +1 650 745-0111 firstname.lastname@example.org