Union is a township in New Jersey.
Union is located in Union County, New Jersey. Union was first formed in 1808 by taking portions of the neighboring towns of Linden, Roselle Park, Kenilworth, and Hillside. In recent years it has been voted the 75th best place to live in America because of its diversity and easy access into New York City. Union is home to some historic sites from the American Revolutionary War.
- By Plane: Union is just six miles outside of Newark Liberty International Airport. Approximate travel time: Ten minutes. Contact: 1-973-961-600.
- By Car: Union is exit 138 on the Garden State Parkway.
- By Train: Located just across from Kean University, Union is home to a New Jersey Transit Station on the Raritan Valley Line. Residents can easily travel to Newark Penn Station and New York Penn Station using this railroad line. Address: 900 Green Lane, Union, NJ, 07083.
- By Taxi: Union Taxi located at 2034 Morris Ave, Union, New Jersey. Contact: (908)-688-8294
- By Bus: New Jersey Transit is the public transportation in New Jersey. There are stops throughout Union where residents can catch a bus. Address: 1007 Stuyvesant Avenue, Union, NJ, 07083. Contact: (908)-688-7359
- Caldwell Parsonage: During the Revolutionary War this home was located at the site of the Connecticut Farms Battle. At the time a minster and his wife, Hannah Caldwell, lived here. Hannah Caldwell was the victim of a gun shot wound, which soon after caused her death. There are rumors and tails of Hannah Caldwell haunting this home to this very day. Address: 909 Caldwell Ave, Union, NJ.
- Washington's Headquarters: Washington's Headquarters is a Landmark where General George Washington declared his headquarters after the British Hessian army retreated on June 7th 1780. Location: Stuyvesant Avenue, Union, NJ.
- Liberty Hall Museum: Located on the campus of Kean University, Liberty Hall Museum was home to New Jersey's first elected governor and signer of the constitution, William Livingston. The home was built in 1772 on the eve of the revolution and has since witnessed over 200 years of history. Address: 1003 Morris Ave, Union, NJ. Contact: (908)-572-0400.
- Galloping Hill Golf Course: A public 18 hole golf course located on the boarder of Union and Kenilworth. Contact: (908)-686-1556.
- Suburban Golf Course: a Private 18 hole golf course located in the heart of Union. Contact: (908)-686-0444.
- Galloping Hill Grill: Located at 5 points in Union, Galloping Hill is not only a restaurant but also a landmark. They have been making hot dogs and burgers for over 80 years in the same location. In recent years Galloping Hill was featured on the Food Network for its hot dogs. Address: 325 Chestnut St, Union, NJ. Contact: (908)-686-2683.
- Rio 22: Located on route 22, Rio 22 serves a diverse spectrum of food ranging from grilled brazilian to sushi. Contact: (908)-206-0060.
- Van Gogh's Ear Cafe: Located in Union center, Van Gogh's Ear Cafe is a small artsy cafe that serves fresh food and great coffee. They are well liked for their live local music acts. Address: 1017 Stuyvesant Ave, Union, NJ. Contact: (908)-810-1844.
- Paddy's Place: Located in Union center, Paddy's place attracts many different types of residents. They have a jukebox with a wide selection of genres. On Thursday nights you will find karaoke and on Friday they have live music for everybody to enjoy. Address: 999 Rosemont Ave, Union, NJ. Contact: (908)-686-6935.
- CC Muggs Inc.: Located on Stuyvesant Avenue, CC Muggs Inc has a great atmosphere and cheap prices on their drinks for everyone to enjoy. Address: 1628 Stuyvesant Ave, Union, NJ. Contact: (908)-688-6644.