Wilmette  is located 16 miles north of Chicago, on what is known as Chicago's North Shore. It is the location of the world's oldest still standing Bahá'í House of Worship.
- Metra train from downtown Chicago (Ogilvie Transportation Center)
- Close by Interstate I-90/94, known locally as the Edens Expressway.
- By taxi, from O'Hare airport
- By Pace bus from neighboring suburbs
- Linden Purple Line CTA stop
- Bicycle 
PACE Bus Routes
- 213 Green Bay Road
- 421 Wilmette Avenue
- 422 Linden CTA/Glenview/Northbrook Court 
- 423 Linden CTA-The Glen-Harlem CTA
- Baha'i House of Worship (address: 100 Linden Ave) (directions: at Sheridan, three blocks east of Linden CTA stop) +1 847 853-2300
open: Daily 6AM-10PM
A cultural and architectural wonder.
- Wilmette Theatre (address: 1122 Central Ave) (directions: two blocks east of Wilmette Metra stop) +1 847 251-7424
Has movies and live performances.
- Gillson park  for beach, sailing, tennis, picnic, marina, playground, dog beach.
- Wallace Bowl, an outside theater located at Gillson Park. Originally built by the WPA, it was recently rehabbed to its original specifications. Free concerts and plays are available in the warm weather months. .
- Centennial Pool, .
- Centennial Ice Rink, .
- Wilmette Public Library, .
- Wilmette's public golf course, .
- Go do gymnastics at the Community Recreation Center, .
- Chestnut Street Beach
- Edens Plaza is a large shopping center located on the west end of town at the intersection of Lake Avenue and Skokie Boulevard (US41)near the Edens Expressway. It features anchor stores like Carson Pirie Scott, Bed, Bath and Beyond and the Fresh Market in addition to many smaller stores 
- Souvenirs at the Crystal Cave.
- Piero's Pizza (address: 335 Ridge Rd) +1 847 251-5550 and +1 847 256-5550
Best pizza on the North Shore.
- Tsing Tao
Located on Green Bay Road. Chinese-American food.
- Wilmette Chuck Wagon (address: 1120 Central Ave) +1 847 256-0120
Greek, burgers, and hotdogs.
- Kama Kura (address: Central Street)
Sushi and Japanese cuisine.
- The Noodle (address: 708 12th St) +1 847 251-2228
open: Lunch: M-F 11:30AM-2:30PM; Dinner: M-Th 5PM-9PM, F-Sa 5PM-10PM, Su 4:30PM-8:30PM
- Dairy Queen (address: 3510 Lake Ave) +1 847 251-8727
open: Sun-Thu 11:00 AM-9:30PM, Fri-Sat 11:00 AM-10:00 PM
- Akai Hana (address: 3223 W Lake Ave) +1 847 251-0384
open: M-Sa 5PM-9PM, Su 4PM-8PM
- Homer's Ice Cream (address: 1237 Green Bay Rd) +1 847 251-0477
- Ridgeview Grill, 
- Burhops,  Seafood
- Irving's for Red Hot Lovers,  Fast Food
- Lou Malnati's Pizza (address: 3223 Lake Ave) +1 847 256-5780
open: M-Th 4PM-10PM, F-Sa 11AM-11PM, Su 11AM-9PM
- Charlie's Coffee House,  has live music at night.
- C. J. Arthur's,  has live music and great dinners.
- Meier's Tavern
There are no hotels located in Wilmette. Try hotels in Evanston, Skokie, or Glenview.
- Bicycle or run the Green Bay Trail,  to Ravinia, !
- Hop on a train south to Evanston or onward to Chicago